Auto Robotic Water Cannon
Sometimes known as 'monitors', water cannons are fixed position fire extinguishing nozzles that can be used to directly target a fire at your facility. Although some of the engineering (such as pumps and water supply) may be similar to sprinkler and deluge systems, water cannons operate in quite a different manner. When combined with the with a Thermal Imaging system, water cannons provide a uniquely effective system to swiftly target fires, and even douse hotspot's before they develop into a blaze.
- Detecting fires before they break out
- Seamless monitoring of large areas
- Pinpoint extinguishing
- Durable, low-maintenance components
- Modularly extensible
The unique detection system scans the requisite area every two minutes for possible fires. In critical situations, the system automatically extinguishes the fire with the water cannons, which can spray up to I ,300 litres of water per minute.lt is a combined system that automatically detects and extinguishes the fire. This system is the first to use the combination of infrared detection and automatic extinguishing with water cannons.
The detection is done by infrared cameras, each scanning an area of 3 x 3 meters, thereby monitoring the temperature increase in an area of I m2 each. When an elevated temperature is measured, an alarm will go off and the customer can be alerted. If the temperature rises even more, the system will trigger an evacuation alarm and the fire will be automatically extinguished by the water cannons. The power of the water cannon will also be able to push away the top layer of the material/waste so that the water can penetrate deeper into the material/ waste.
An additional system with an infrared camera above the conveyor belt of machine,this camera continuously scans the exits. At elevated temperature the conveyor belt will automatically shut down, the valve will open and the fire will then be quenched by the water cannons.
Areas of application
- Aircraft hangars
- Helicopter landing sites
- Warehouse halls
- Waste bunkers
- Large storage tanks
- Pharma / Chemical Warehouse
- Wood, wood chips
- Flammable Liquids
Water cannons can be used as part of a Thermal Imaging system to automatically target and suppress an identified fire risk within seconds. The thermal imaging system is used as the detection system that continuously monitors the risk area for signs of a fire, or danger signs that a hotspot could be developing.
On detection of a fire, the system then sends signals the water cannon that is mounted on a motorised chassis with a self-aligning system. This aligns the water jet directly at the risk area identified by the thermal imaging system and begins discharge at the fire. No other building protection automatic fire extinguishing system can operate with such speed and precision, dealing directly with the point of risk rather than blanket protecting a whole area. This targeted approach ensures that the risk is dealt with swiftly and efficiently and minimises clean-up costs.
- Automatic water cannon systems can sometimes work out to be a substantially lower cost than fire sprinkler/deluge systems, yet respond far more swiftly.
- As a single water cannon can protect a very large area, the amount of engineering required in your system is significantly lower than when installing sprinkler/deluge systems. This reduces disruption to your operations — particularly for retro- fit applications.
- The water cannon will deliver more water to the area at risk at a higher pressure than sprinkler/deluge systems. This will increase its effectiveness in dealing with deep seated fires and hotspots.
- As you are using thermal imaging to detect signs of fire or a developing hotspot, the system is proactive as well as reactive a massive improvement on traditional fixed systems.
- The water cannon can be remotely controlled using a joystick if required, which will help the fire service fight the fire from a safe distance in the event ofa large incident.
- The thermal imaging system will also be invaluable in a large incident in allowing the fire service to get a proper understanding of the risk to ensure they can deal with it quickly and safely.
- However, consideration is required for the type of waste being processed to ensure that the force of the water cannon does not spread the burning materials.
- As the water cannons will provide targeted protection, rather than blanket protection (as with deluge system) it may not be so effective at tackling a fast-moving surface fire.
We're always looking for opportunities to expand our worldwide dealer network! Please complete the form below if you're interested in selling our products.